Sunday, January 20, 2008

CCIE Lab - Things i didn't do

During my preparation for the lab i had come into a lot of pages that were describing some things that you can do and possibly increase your chances of passing. Below you'll find some that i didn't do.

Before the exam

I didn't use any CCIE workbook
I didn't attend any CCIE bootcamp
I didn't watch any CCIE mailing list
I didn't use any CCIE dump program

During the exam
I didn't use any aliases
I didn't use the Terminal Server access
I didn't draw any L2/L3 diagram
I didn't wear ear plugs

That of course doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't do them. I just didn't do them, because i decided so.

For example, if i didn't have any work experience, i would probably do the 1st and/or the 2nd from the "Before the exam" list. Instead of all these "Before the exam" things, i decided to spend my time on practice.

Also, during the exam, i was prepared to draw my diagrams (i had done a lot of L2/L3 diagrams at home when doing Mock Labs), but as i was reading the tasks and looking at the provided diagrams, i decided that i could do it without drawing anything. On the other hand, i had to draw a very simple BGP peering diagram.

Don't forget that the CCIE Lab is completely a personal fight and the only one to decide what's best for you, is yourself. So, be the judge of your readiness and proceed accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Greece License.